Our parent volunteer Ozen shares her recipe for her simple and fast yummy veggie patties using surplus veg from our ‘pay as you feel’ surplus food stall.
1. Firstly peel wash and grate the onion carrot and potato.
2. Chop all other ingredients and mix in a bowl
3. Whisk your eggs I used 2 medium till it forms soft peaks, add to the ingredients
4. 50g of plain flour with half teaspoon of baking powder sieve this into your mix
5. Blend all the ingredients together
6. Place your frying pan on a low medium heat adding 2 table spoon of olive oil
7. Lightly fry patties for a maximum of 5-6 minutes until they are lightly browned and golden.
8. Serve immediately with dip of your choice and perhaps with a crusty roll or brioche bun from our stall
Surplus food fact: Did you know that over 50% of bread gets wasted?! That is quite astonishing. We waste almost 900,000 tonnes of bread every year – around 24 million slices every day. In terms of calories, that’s enough to lift over 26 million people out of hunger*.