This recipe is for Osmanu’s famous tuna burgers!
Ingredients: Tinned tuna, onion, sliced bread, fresh herbs and beans / pulses
1. Wash your pulses wash them and put them into your mixing bowl. Mash them up with your potato masher. If you don’t have a masher use your fingers to break into smaller pieces.
2. Drain your tuna and add it to the bowl
3. Toast your bread to make it crispy, use your cheese grater to grate into crumbs. If you don’t have a grater use your hands to break it up into little pieces.
4. Cut your onions and herbs and add them to the mixing bowl. Add your breadcrumbs.
5. Mix it all together. Here you can experiment with adding different ingredients, like sweetcorn or chilli. Add your seasoning like salt and pepper with a squeeze of lemon.
6. If you want your burgers to be nice and firm add more breadcrumbs to it or leave them in the fridge uncovered for half an hour.
7. Shape your patties into burger shapes
8. Now it’s time to fry your patties. Put some oil in a frying pan and cook them on medium heat on both sides for 5 minutes until they are golden.
9. Add your burger to your bun with whatever lettuce, cheese and sauces you fancy. Enjoy!
Always get an adult to help you when cooking.